Women's Adventure Magazine recently compared the BOB Revolution SE vs. our Bumbleride Indie. Here are the highlights from their review:
Stroller Smackdown: BOB Revolution SE Versus Bumbleride Indie
- I thought I had found the holy grail of strollers with the BOB Revolution SE. However, I have to admit that my “faith” was tested when Women’s Adventure gave me the Bumbleride Indie to review. In the past month, I've really gotten to know the Indie, and I like it. So now I’m not sure what to do. Which should I keep?
- The Indie feels like a luxury cross-over SUV, while the Revolution SE is more like a rugged Jeep Wrangler.
- In my opinion, the Indie triumphs over the Revolution SE in a number of areas: weight, footprint, infant comfort, storage, and very important–curb appeal. The Indie weighs in at 20 pounds, five pounds lighter than the Revolution, which makes it easier for me to get it in and out of the car. It also feels more compact, in part due to smaller dimensions, but also because of the shape of the canopy. The Indie’s canopy is rounded whereas the Revolution’s is boxy.
- With a super padded seat that can be adjusted to support his legs and feet, my 6-month old is more comfy in the Indie (as long as we’re just pounding pavement). When he’s in the Revolution, his short legs tend to stick straight out over the edge of the seat.
- Another bonus is that my little one stays asleep longer in the Indie after we’re finished with our walk.
- Important for grocery and beer runs is storage. The Indie also does better in this category. The storage capacity of the two strollers may be similar, but good luck getting anything as big as a carton of juice in the Revolution. The Indie’s storage is much easier to access and therefore more shopping-friendly.
- And last but not least, the Indie just looks better. It’s got nicer lines and a better selection of bright, appealing colors. One passerby actually told me that she thought my Green Papyrus Indie looked “happy.” The dark, muted Revolution SE colors, on the other hand, are a snooze fest.